Sunday, March 30, 2008

KRISTEN (RAMMELL) & ERIK CAMBRIDGE




It is great to see what everyone has been up to! As for me, the last 10 years have been very busy! I went to SLCC and graduated with my associate's degree in 2001. Around that time period, I took up swing dancing (Lindy Hop and Charleston) and became heavily involved in the swing dance scene. I started traveling a lot with some of my other dancing friends, and attended lots of events and workshops around the country. I took a couple years off of school and worked as a C.N.A. while I traveled. I then decided to finish my education and went to the University of Utah and graduated with my Bachelors degree in May of 2005. While finishing my degree, I was also still involved in the swing dance scene and became a member of the executive committee for the Utah Lindy Exchange (ULX), and was a major organizer for ULX 2005, and ULX 2006. For these events, we flew in a live band from New York and DJ's from around the country for a weekend of swing dancing, with over 300 dancers, who traveled to our event from around the world. During that time, I also taught a workshop at the New Years Swing Jam in Phoenix AZ, and won the 2005 Swing Kids Trophy Challenge.
After I received my bachelor's degree, I immediately started graduate school in the Occupational Therapy program at the University of Utah in the fall of 2005. At this time I had just started dating the man of my dreams, whom I met swing dancing. He was attending BYU at the time, and was in the computer animation program. We were both in very intense programs in two different cities, so it was amazing that we could find time to see each other. We couldn't stay away from each other though, and after 2 years of dating, we married August 7, 2007 in the Mt. Timpanogis Temple. Erik is now a computer animator for Disney and makes video games for their latest feature films. I am in my last semester of graduate school and will be officially done in August. I have a couple job offers already, but am not sure where I will end up. We currently live behind the capitol and are very happy together. We still love to swing dance and occasionally D.J. at the local swing venues. We couldn't imagine life being any better! So that in a really long nutshell is the last 10 years. I hope all of you are doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An unusually lyrical Ofsted report says" children are immersed in the rhythm and rhyme of language, including verse, song and stories".
3 rebounds per 36 minutes. Hattie Wyatt Caraway D-Ark.
Questions included story lines about baking humans in
ovens and a child in the College Zinchroom, you allow them to
start thinking about their speeches in relation to both these health problems and obesity.


Also visit my web blog ... degree online survey