Thursday, February 14, 2008

Katie (Atkinson) & Brian Matten





Well after graduation I moved to Cedar City to attend Southern Utah University. I had the time of my life and because of this; it took me much longer to graduate than most. I finally graduated in May of 2005. My parents and sister, Melanie, moved to Montana in the summer of 2001. At Melanie’s wedding I saw the man of my dreams, a hot groomsman; unfortunately, he and I were both dating other people so it didn’t go much farther than a mutual attraction. A year later I
went to Montana to visit my parents and Brian (man of my dreams) showed up at my parents’ house coincidentally with my brother-in-law. Both of us were now single and started dating, long distance, I wouldn’t recommend it. After I graduated college I moved to Montana. Brian and I were married in August 2005. In January 2006 we bought 10 acres to accommodate our 5 horses, 3 dogs and dream of being homeowners. We finally moved into our house just last May. It wasn’t long after moving in that we found out we were expecting a baby boy. To our excitement Brian “Ayden” Matten was born on January 12, 2008 at 12:12 am, weighing in at 9lbs 12oz and 221/2 inches. He is such a good baby and we are truly blessed. Well that is a quick update on my life. I hope to see all of you at the reunion and hope you have been as lucky in life.

2 comments:

Malia said...

Katie - you look so great and so happy! You're little guy is DARLING! I was born in Montana - there's not a more beautiful place! Which part are you in?

♥Concerned♥ said...

You are stinkin' adorable! And nine lbs.!! Wow!

You are on Misty's blog
http://kmccburke.blogspot.com/2008/06/old-skool-part-2.html

Jalee